Curried Cauliflower Puree
- 1 1/2 quarts vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons finely grated or minced fresh ginger
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 leek, white and pale green parts only, cleaned and finely chopped
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets, greens and stems finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- In a large, heavy stockpot combine the vegetable stock, ginger, onions, shallots, garlic, leek, cauliflower, turmeric, coriander, cumin, and salt over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 30 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the miso, and puree in a blender or food processor, in batches, until smooth and creamy.
Per serving: 175 kcal cal., 6 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 30 g carb., 5 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 6 g pro., 79 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet