Curried Lamb Patties with Chutney
A fresh new take on burgers!
- 1 pound lean lamb, ground
- 1 10 ounce package frozen spinach, chopped, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2/3 cup fresh whole-wheat bread crumbs (about 2 slices of bread)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/3 cup mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well to blend. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape into 1/2-inch-thick patties. Prepare grill or broiler. Place patties on a grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Cook for approximately 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Per serving: 371 kcal cal., 13 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 35 g carb., 3 g fiber, 15 g sugar, 28 g pro., 148 mg calcium, 5 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet