Curried Tuna Salad with Apples
Curry powder adds a zing to tuna and chicken salad. In lieu of mayo, smashed avocado and hummus add depth, flavor, and more nutrition giving you a mouthful of yum in every bite.
- 2 cans of tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1/4 cup avocado, smashed
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 - 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- Combine tuna, hummus, and avocado and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Serve with veggie slices or crackers or eat it on a sandwich!
- Recipe provided by Lindsay Livingston, R.D. and author of The Lean Green Bean.
Per serving: 175 kcal cal., 6 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 9 g carb., 3 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 24 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet