Curry Shrimp Stew
Shrimp is both low in calories and cooks up quickly. Combine it with edamame, spinach, onions, celery, and peppers, and you've got the perfect weeknight stew to get on the table quickly.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- 3 cups low sodium or homemade chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons creamy almond butter
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 1/2 cups frozen edamame
- 3 cups baby spinach
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot or Dutch oven.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and celery, saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, salt, curry powder; cook for an additional 3 minutes. Add tomato sauce and broth and bring to a simmer. Whisk in almond butter until well blended.
- Add shrimp and edamame and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Stir spinach and serve.
- Recipe provided by Dana Angelo White, R.D.
Per serving: 327 kcal cal., 16 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 20 g carb., 4 g fiber, 27 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet