Date and Almond Truffles
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 4 dates, pitted
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- Place the almonds, dates, coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla, and sea salt in the bowl of a food processor. Process about 2 minutes, until you can pinch the mixture between your fingers and it holds together. If the mixture is still very loose after 2 minutes, add 1 or 2 more pitted dates and process again. You can also add 1 teaspoon of water to help the mixture stick together.
- Using about 1 tablespoon of mixture at time, roll the truffle mixture into small balls between your hands. Put the shredded coconut in a small bowl and roll the truffles in the shredded coconut until well coated.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for later use.