David Kirsch's Guiltless Barbecue Burgers
Red meat doesn't have to come packed with fat and calories. Try this lighter version of a good old-fashioned hamburger. It's perfect for your next backyard BBQ!
- 4 ounces lean ground buffalo meat
- 4 ounces lean ground turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons low-sugar, low-sodium barbecue sauce
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- Non-fat vegetable cooking spray
- Mix all of the ingredients (except the cooking spray) in a large bowl.
- Form the mixture into two patties.
- Spray a barbecue grill or nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and heat to medium-high heat.
- Place the patties on grill or skillet, and cook about 8 minutes per side (for medium), until cooked through.
- Nutritional information does not include low-sugar, low-sodium barbecue sauce.
Per serving: 183 kcal cal., 7 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 391 mg sodium, 0 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 26 g pro., 30 mg calcium, 3 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet