David Kirsch's No-Fat Hummus
Spring, winter, fall, summer no matter the season, hummus is always tasty. Lighten up the traditional recipe with this one from celebrity trainer David Kirsch.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked or canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup plain, non-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients. Process until well blended. Use immediately, or refrigerate up to 3 hours.
Per serving: 248 kcal cal., 2 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 47 g carb., 8 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 11 g pro., 134 mg calcium, 3 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet