Deconstructed Chicken-Mango Summer Roll Salad
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/3 cup sweet Thai chile sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice vermicelli
- 1 large avocado, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, shredded or thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into small matchsticks
- 1 large head butter lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 ripe, firm mango, sliced
- 1 cup kimchi
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1 red Fresno chile, sliced, for garnish
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts or cashews, roughly choppd, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce and honey. Add chicken and turn to coat. Set aside to marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place chile sauce, vinegar, fish sauce, garlic, and ginger in a small lidded jar and shake to combine.
- Preheat a grill or a grill pan to high. Grill chicken until cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes per side. Let rest for 5 minutes, then slice into strips.
- Arrange vermicelli, avocado, carrots, bell pepper, lettuce, mango, kimchi, basil, and mint on a serving platter or in a large serving bowl. Add chicken. Garnish with chile and peanuts and drizzle with the dressing.
Per serving: 451 kcal cal., 15 g fat (2.3 g sat. fat), 59 g carb., 9 g fiber, 21 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet