Easy Coconut Cashew Balls
There's less than one-half teaspoon of honey in each of these easy-to-make dessert balls. Honey is a wonderful addition to your natural sugar repertoire and contains a variety of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants like B-vitamins, iron, copper, potassium, and zinc.
- 1/2 cup natural cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- In a medium bowl, combine the first 3 ingredients.
- Roll into balls about 1-inch in diameter.
- Put shredded coconut on a plate and roll the truffles in the shredded coconut to coat.
- Place the truffles in the fridge or freezer to harden.
- Recipe provided by Christy Brissette, R.D., of 80 Twenty Nutrition.
- For extra eye appeal, decorate with nuts, seeds or dried fruit or roll in cocoa powder.
Per serving: 72 kcal cal., 5 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 2 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 2 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet