Easy Fried Rice
Basic, easy and fast - this recipe is a tasty way to use up leftover rice. Make it a main dish by stirring in cooked chicken or shrimp.
- Cooking spray
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup uncooked shredded carrots
- 1 cup uncooked scallion(s), sliced, divided
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce, or to taste
- Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray; warm pan over medium-high heat. Add eggs; tilt pan so that eggs cover bottom.
- When eggs start to set, break them up into pieces with a heat-proof spatula or wooden spoon. Cook until eggs are cooked through, about 1 minute more; remove eggs from skillet and set aside.
- Off heat, recoat same skillet with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Add carrots and all but 2 tablespoons scallions; saute until carrots are crisp-tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in cooked rice, peas and soy sauce; cook until heated through, stirring once or twice, about 1 minute. Gently stir in cooked egg and remaining scallions; heat through.
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers
Per serving: 153 kcal cal., 2 g fat (0.5 g sat. fat), 206 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 6 g pro., 15 mg calcium, 0 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet