Egg and Toast Cups
Make these grab-and-go egg cups in advance and store in your refrigerator for up to 5 days. To reheat, pop in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. You can also cook and freeze for later for up to 3 months. To defrost, place in the microwave at 30 second increments until heated through.
- 5 pieces of whole wheat bread, cubed
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat your oven to 350. Grease a muffin tin pan [liberally] with butter or cooking spray.
- Fill each muffin tin with cup of the cubed bread.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs and milk. Whisk until combined. Transfer mixture to a measuring cup for easy pouring.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread cubes in each muffin tin, filling it until each cup is almost full.
- Sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons of cheese on top of the egg mixture.
- Bake for approximately 15-18 minutes. Remove from the pan while warm. Serve immediately.
- Recipe provided by Katie Serbinski, M.S, R.D, from Mom to Mom Nutrition
Per serving: 129 kcal cal., 8 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 5 g carb., 1 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 9 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet