Egg Sandwiches with Pepper Jack and Avocado
These egg sandwiches make quick, easy meals when you want breakfast for dinner. They're incredibly satisfying and perfectly portioned.
- 4 English muffins, toasted
- 4 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Toast the English muffins. Layer the bottom of each one with a slice of Pepper Jack cheese.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl with the salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a medium frying pan over low heat, and scramble the eggs slowly, scraping up the bottom as clumps begin to form.
- When the eggs are still very soft but no longer runny, divide them into four parts, each one going on a cheese-lined English muffin. Add a few slices of avocado on top of the English muffin and serve.
- Recipe courtesy of Cara Eisenpress and Phoebe Lapine
- Nutritional information includes 4 ounces Pepper Jack cheese.
Per serving: 429 kcal cal., 25 g fat (10 g sat. fat), 624 mg sodium, 6 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 22 g pro., 359 mg calcium, 3 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet