Flatbread Veggie Pizza
Who says pizza can't be healthy? Take this opportunity to hit your carb quota with whole grain pizza dough, flatbreads, or lavash. Add your favorite veggies, a touch of cheese, and you've got a good dose of three food groups all in one dish.
- 1 whole grain lavash (flatbreads like those from FlatOut work well too)
- 3 tablespoons marinara sauce
- Sliced assorted veggies
- Cooked meat
- Small chunks of fresh buffalo mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil (optional)
- Cracked red pepper (optional)
- Preheat the broiler while you slice your veggies and grate the cheese.
- Broil the flatbread on a baking sheet for 1 minute before you put the toppings on.
- Remove from the oven and preheat to 450 degrees .
- Top the flatbread with all ingredients from marinara sauce through Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until cheese is melty. Top with basil and/or cracked red pepper if desired
- Slide off the baking sheet onto a cutting board and slice into rectangles.
- Recipe provided by Caroline Kaufman of CarolineKaufman.com
Per serving: 389 kcal cal., 16 g fat (6 g sat. fat), 43 g carb., 9 g fiber, 12 g sugar, 18 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet