Flourless Breakfast Pizza
Pizza for breakfast? Yes, it's possible! These individual fruit pizzas are topped with sunflower seed butter, which adds healthy fat, several B-vitamins, and a nice handful of minerals. The fruit complements these nutrients by adding antioxidants and phytochemicals. It's the perfect combo of ingredients to start off your day healthfully.
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 - 2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter
- Sliced strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries
- 1 drizzle pure maple syrup
- Flaked coconut, if desired
- Heat a medium skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Whisk together the crust ingredients until smooth.
- Pour batter into hot pan and cook for 4-6 minutes, or until firm and easy to flip.
- Flip and cook for another few minutes, or until set.
- Top with sunflower seed butter, sliced fruit, coconut, and maple syrup.
- Recipe by Alexis Joseph, MS, RD, LD of Hummusapien.
Per serving: 396 kcal cal., 20 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 45 g carb., 8 g fiber, 27 g sugar, 12 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet