This recipe calls for frozen berries, but you can certainly use fresh ones when they're in season. The sauce is also delicious made with sliced fresh peaches.
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 slices whole-grain bread
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup berries
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend egg whites, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract. Place bread in batter one slice at a time and let soak for 1 minute per side.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add bread and let cook about 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove to a plate and top with berries, honey, sugar, and chia seeds, if desired.
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers..
- Nutrition information does not include optional toppings.
Per serving: 166 kcal cal., 2 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 26 g carb., 4 g fiber, 12 g pro., 122 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet