Fresh Strawberry Crepes
Crepes sound fancy, but don't be deterred: If you can make pancakes, you can master these in no time.
- 5 large egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup fat free skim milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced very thin
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg whites, salt, vanilla extract, melted butter, milk, and flour until just combined.
- Coat an 8- or 9-inch skillet with cooking spray; set over medium heat. When pan is hot, add 1/4 cup of batter and tilt skillet to cover entire bottom of pan with a thin layer of batter. Cook for 2 minutes; flip over. Top with about 1/3 cup strawberries; cook for 2 minutes more. Fold crepe over and slide onto a serving plate; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining ingredients; sprinkle with sugar.
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers
Per serving: 134 kcal cal., 2.5 g fat (1.5 g sat. fat), 22 g carb., 2 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 5 g pro., 2 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet