Ginger-Soy Marinated Chicken
A ginger-infused marinade makes this chicken extra juicy and full of flavor.
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 pounds free-range, antibiotic-free boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Cooking spray
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together soy sauce, garlic, vinegar, ginger, and brown sugar, and place into a resealable plastic bag or a container with a lid.
- On a clean cutting board, trim chicken breasts. Place chicken in bag with marinade and make sure breasts are evenly coated. Marinate in refrigerator for 25 to 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place marinated chicken into baking dish along with marinade. Bake for approximately 30 to 35 minutes until an internal meat thermometer registers 165 degrees. Remove from oven and allow to rest 5 minutes. Thinly slice on the bias and serve over a bed of quinoa with a side of steamed vegetables.
- Recipe adapted from The Bikini Body Diet by Tara Kraft. Copyright Zinczenko/AMI Ventures, 2013.