Ginger Tea Stir-Fry
Ginger adds a kick to this stir-fry!
- 6 ounces fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup haricots verts (thin green beans), cut into quarters
- 10 teaspoons tamari sauce
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 8 ounces Thai-flavored tofu, diced (White Wave is a good brand)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Place ginger in a 2-quart saucepan with 4 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until water turns a ginger color. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place a large skillet on the stove top and add sesame oil; swirl to coat. Once the pan is hot, add carrots and saute about 3 minutes. Add scallions and green beans and saute about 2 minutes more. Add tamari and cooked rice and stir to combine, or serve rice on the side. Add about cup of the ginger broth and all the tofu. Stir and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and vegetables are tender. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
Per serving: 278 kcal cal., 10 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 40 g carb., 5 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 11 g pro., 291 mg calcium, 5 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet