Glazed Baked Doughnuts
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, sliced
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (from 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees . Coat a 6-cavity doughnut pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the dates and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until the dates are very tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in baking soda. Transfer to a food processor and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add butter to the date mixture and process until smooth. Add the banana and pulse until smooth. Add the flours, baking powder, and salt and pulse until incorporated, scraping the bowl occasionally. Add the egg and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the batter to a large resealable plastic bag. Snip a hole in one corner and squeeze the batter into the prepared cavities, dividing evenly.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn out onto the rack and let cool completely.
Per serving: 175 kcal cal., 9 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 190 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 4 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet