Gluten-Free Pan Gravy
Nobody should have to miss out on the quintessential turkey topping if you're avoiding wheat. This recipe makes it simple to create a great-tasting gravy, minus the gluten.
- Reserved onions, garlic, and celery from roasting pan
- Pan drippings
- 1 cup chicken or turkey stock
- Salt and pepper
- Place the reserved onions and celery from the bottom of the roasting pan into a blender.
- Pour drippings from pan into a fat separator and pour off fat. Pour drippings into blender. Alternatively, tilt pan and skim off as much fat as possible.
- Squeeze roasted garlic out of the peels and place in blender. Add 1 cup chicken or turkey stock and puree on high until smooth and thick. Add additional stock until it reaches desired thickness. If it is too thin, add a few pieces of onion from the cavity of the bird to thicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Note that the brine causes the gravy to be salted already so you may not need to add any at all.
- Store in the refrigerator for 5 days, and reheat on the stove on low until warmed through.
- Recipe provided by Danielle Walker of Against All Grain and author of Thankful