Gorgonzola-Stuffed Burgers with Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound extra-lean ground sirloin or ground buffalo (bison)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 1-inch cubes Gorgonzola or any blue cheese (about 4 ounces total)
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup shredded cucumber
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 whole-wheat rolls
- Coat a large grill pan or griddle with cooking spray and set over medium heat. In a large bowl, combine sirloin, salt and black pepper.
- Shape mixture into 4 equal balls. Press 1 cube of Gorgonzola cheese into the center of each ball, covering cheese completely with meat. Shape balls into patties, each about 1 inch thick.
- Add burgers to hot pan and cook 5-6 minutes per side, until cooked through (less for medium-rare meat).
- Meanwhile, mix next 5 ingredients well in a small bowl. Place burgers on rolls and spoon 2 tablespoons yogurt sauce over each burger. Serve remaining sauce on the side.
- Nutritional information does not include whole-wheat rolls.
Per serving: 293 kcal cal., 14 g fat (8 g sat. fat), 6 g carb., 0 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 34 g pro., 284 mg calcium, 3 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet