Greek Lemon Quinoa Soup
This protein-packed soup features versatile superfood quinoa as the star ingredient.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small shallots, diced
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup quinoa, well rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white miso
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons heaping dried dill (or 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill)
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots, carrot, and 1 dash salt. Saute until shallots are translucent, about 7 to 10 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant. Add vegetable broth, quinoa, and another dash salt to taste, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until carrots and quinoa are cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk together miso, tahini, and lemon juice until smooth. Once soup is finished, remove from heat, and stir in miso mixture, nutritional yeast, and dill.
- Recipe provided by Janet of The Taste Space
Per serving: 290 kcal cal., 9.5 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 14 g carb., 8 g fiber, 13 g pro., 77 mg calcium, 4 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet