Greek Quinoa Salad
Getting tired of lettuce? If so, try these yummy quinoa salad recipes, like the Shape.com Greek quinoa salad recipe with sheep's milk feta cheese, kalamata olives, red onion and more delicious ingredients.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed in a garlic press
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 7 ounces sheep's milk feta cheese, cubed
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- Salt and pepper
- Place quinoa in a strainer and rinse under cold running water. Add water and quinoa to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook 15 minutes until quinoa is almost translucent.
- Spread cooked quinoa on a large dinner plate and place in freezer for 15 minutes to chill. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, and garlic. Toss with quinoa.
- Add olives, scallions, grape tomatoes, cheese, and red onion; gently mix ingredients. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Feta cheese may be too salty for some. To lower the sodium count, soak it in water overnight.
- Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Per serving: 282 kcal cal., 6 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 717 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 10 g pro., 203 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet