Grilled Ahi Tuna with Fresh Mint Sauce
- 4 4 ounces ahi tuna steaks
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 bunches fresh mint (preferably peppermint)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 - 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 dash paprika
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic
- Sea salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- To grill tuna, put fillets on a barbecue or grill over medium-high heat. Cook for 3 1/2 minutes; then flip and cook for another 3 minutes or until the center is just ready to turn from pink to white.
- To make mint sauce, combine all ingredients except salt and pepper in a blender until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper. The sauce will keep in the refrigerator for several days. Cover each steak with 2 tablespoons mint sauce and serve immediately.
- Nutritional information includes 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt.
Per serving: 644 kcal cal., 24 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 17 g carb., 1 g fiber, 14 g sugar, 28 g pro., 58 mg calcium, 3 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet