Grilled Carrots With Yogurt, Everything Spice, and Pea Tendrils
Sesame seeds, poppy seeds, and garlic bring your favorite bagel seasonings to the barbecue.
- 12 carrots
- Vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 6 tablespoons toasted white sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons fried shallots
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Pea tendrils
- Lemon Juice, to taste
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Preheat grill and preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large mixing bowl, toss carrots in a small amount of vegetable oil (just enough to coat the carrots) and season with salt and pepper. Place carrots on the grill. Rotate frequently, allowing carrots to caramelize on all sides.
- Transfer carrots to sheet pan in a flat layer and roast in oven until cooked all the way through and soft to the touch. Cut carrots to desired size.
- While carrots cook, in a small bowl stir together sesame seeds, poppy seeds, fried shallots, salt, and garlic. In separate bowl, stir together olive oil and honey. In third bowl, toss pea tendrils with lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread yogurt into bottom of a dish or bowl. Place warm carrots on top and drizzle with honey and oil mixture. Sprinkle with everything spice mix and top with pea tendrils.
- Recipe provided by Chef Adam Cole of Maple Block Meat Co. in Culver City, CA
- Photo credit: Maple Block Meat Co.