Grilled Chicken Salad with Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette
Prepare four salads in mason jars, refrigerate overnight, and everyone has a delicious (and gorgeous) lunch for work. If you're not a chicken type of girl, choose eggs, cheese, tofu, or nuts instead, so you get a healthy dose of lean protein to help keep you satisfied.
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup dried figs
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
For the salad:
- 1 radish, sliced thinly
- 1/2 medium pear, sliced
- 1/4 cup pea shoots
- 4 ounces grilled chicken breast, diced (or other protein like eggs, cheese or nuts)
- Combine figs, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil in a blender and puree until smooth. Add basil and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If you prefer a thinner consistency, add more balsamic vinegar (1 tablespoon at a time) and blend.
- Pour the dressing into the jar.
- Add radishes, pears, pea shoots, and arugula in that order. Seal and refrigerate.
- Before eating or the morning of, add chicken breast or other protein of choice.
- Recipe provided by Min Kwon, R.D.N., of MJ and Hungryman.
Per serving: 224 kcal cal., 15 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 14 g carb., 2 g fiber, 11 g sugar, 9 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet