Grilled Chicken with Strawberry-Peach Salsa
You can make the salsa separately and serve with pork or with a white fish like halibut.
- 1 large lemon
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 4 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts, about 1 pound
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 2 ripe medium peaches, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno chili
- Preheat grill or broiler. Zest lemon to make about 1 teaspoon; set aside. Juice lemon to make 4 tablespoons.
- In a shallow bowl combine 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon honey, garlic, 11/2 teaspoons oil, salt, and pepper. Add chicken, coat both sides with marinade, and let sit.
- In a medium bowl combine strawberries, peaches, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, lemon zest, and remaining lemon juice, honey, and oil.
- Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade). If using a grill, place chicken on a lightly oiled grill rack. If using a broiler, set chicken on a nonstick broiler pan and place rack 4 inches from heat. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 170 degrees F. Divide chicken and salsa among 4 plates and serve.
Per serving: 247 kcal cal., 7 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 23 g carb., 5 g fiber, 16 g sugar, 26 g pro., 47 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet