Grilled Kale and Plum Salad with Smoked Almonds
- 1/4 cup roasted and salted Marcona almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 bunch kale, tough stems and ribs removed
- 4 plums, quartered
- 3 tablespoons roasted walnut oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 6 ounces plain yogurt, preferably goat's or sheep's milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat a grill to medium high. Toss almonds and paprika together on a large sheet of foil until evenly coated. Fold and seal foil into a packet.
- In a large bowl, toss kale and plums with 2 tablespoons oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place almond packet, kale, and plums in a single layer on the grill, working in batches if necessary. Cook almond packet until nuts are toasted, about 2 minutes. Grill kale, turning once, until crisp and browned in spots, about 2 minutes. Grill plums, turning once, until grill marks appear, about 5 minutes.
- Spread a serving platter with yogurt. Top with kale and plums. Whisk lemon juice with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and drizzle over salad. Top with almonds and serve.
Per serving: 242 kcal cal., 16 g fat (1.8 g sat. fat), 228 mg sodium, 5 g fiber, 8 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet