Grilled Peaches with Lemon Mascarpone
Most fruit holds up pretty well on the grill, especially stone fruit like peaches and plums. And the natural sugars found in peaches caramelize on the grill, giving it an even sweeter, juicier flavor.
- 10 peaches
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rasped lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Cut peaches in half and remove pits.
- Lay peaches on a sheet of foil and brush the cut sides with melted butter.
- Place the foil sheet with peaches on the grill for around 20 minutes, checking frequently, until peaches are done. When peaches are ready, they will be soft and the skin will slip off easily (no need to remove skin).
- While the peaches are cooking (or up to a day ahead), blend the mascarpone with remaining ingredients. Keep in a covered, airtight container until ready to use.
- To serve, plate 2 peach halves per person. Fill the middle of each half with the mascarpone mixture, either by piping or spooning it. Make sure peaches are still warm when you do this, so the mascarpone melts into the peach.
- Garnish with lemon balm or rind and serve.
- Recipe by Abby Langer, R.D., of Abby Langer Nutrition.
Per serving: 293 kcal cal., 23 g fat (16 g sat. fat), 16 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 16 g sugar, 3 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet