Grilled Spicy Teriyaki Salmon
- 1/2 cup sake
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup less-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red chile flakes, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (5-ounce) thick skinless salmon fillets
- Kosher salt
- Heat a grill to medium-high.
- Bring the sake, syrup, soy sauce, chile flakes, and vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce the heat to simmer vigorously and simmer until syrupy, 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Rub the oil all over the salmon and season with salt. Grill, turning once, until grill marks appear and the fish is almost opaque in the center, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer the salmon to serving plates and sprinkle with chile flakes. Drizzle with the teriyaki sauce.
Per serving: 337 kcal cal., 12 g fat (1.8 g sat. fat), 17 g carb., 0 g fiber, 29 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet