- 13 garlic cloves
- 1 large roasted red bell pepper, peeled, cored, and seeded
- 1 1/4 cups olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup ground cumin
- 1/3 cup cayenne
- 1/3 cup sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1/4 cup ground caraway
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- Pulse garlic, bell pepper, 1 cup oil, and tomato paste in a food processor until almost pureed.
- Add the cumin, cayenne, paprika, caraway, and salt. With machine running, slowly drizzle in remaining 1/4 cup oil. Process until completely pureed.
- Store harissa in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
Per serving: 75 kcal cal., 7 g fat (0.6 g sat. fat), 3 g carb., 1 g fiber, 1 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet