Harissa Chicken and Quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dry harissa spice mix
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 parsnip, peeled and diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 ounces precooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- In a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven combine the broth, harissa spice mix, tomato paste, and quinoa and stir to incorporate. Add the carrots, parsnip, onion, and garlic to the liquid. Bring to a boil, lower heat, and cover. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken and toss quickly to incorporate. Continue to cook until quinoa is tender, 5 to 8 minutes more. Turn off heat and let rest for 10 minutes, covered.
- Fluff the mixture with a fork, season to taste with salt and pepper, sprinkle with basil, and serve immediately.
Per serving: 360 kcal cal., 9 g fat (2.1 g sat. fat), 36 g carb., 5 g fiber, 32 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet