Healthy Blueberry Banana Pancakes
Pancakes with fruit can be an excellent addition to your healthy cooking repertoire - and here's a simple and delicious recipe to add to your collection!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 very ripe medium bananas
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries (do not defrost)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Coat a griddle or large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and preheat.
- In a medium bowl, combine both flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well with a fork and set aside.
- In a large bowl or food processor, mash bananas until mushy. Add milk, egg and vanilla and mix or process until blended. Add dry ingredients to banana mixture and mix or process until just blended (tiny lumps should still appear; do not overmix or pancakes will be tough).
- Ladle 3 tablespoons of banana pancakes batter onto hot griddle for each pancake. Top each with 1/2 tablespoon of blueberries. When bubbles appear around the edges of the banana blueberry pancakes, after about 2-3 minutes, flip and cook 1 minute. Transfer the banana blueberry pancakes to a warm plate and keep warm in a 250 degree F oven while you cook remaining pancakes.
- Serve the healthy banana blueberry pancakes with maple syrup over top. Enjoy the delicious results of your new healthy cooking pancakes with fruit recipe with family and friends!
Per serving: 387 kcal cal., 3 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 252 mg sodium, 8 g fiber, 37 g sugar, 11 g pro., 252 mg calcium, 3 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet