Healthy Slow Cooker Lasagna
There's no need to cook the noodles first or stay home while this Italian classic slow cooks. Just let it sit a few minutes before serving so it can firm up a bit.
- 1 pound uncooked 93% lean ground beef
- 1 small uncooked onion, chopped
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 38 ounces canned crushed tomatoes
- 15 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 6 items uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes; simmer 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together ricotta cheese and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon 1/3 of beef mixture into a 5-quart slow cooker. Break 3 lasagna sheets in half and arrange over beef mixture; top with half of ricotta mixture. Repeat with another layer and finish with remaining 1/3 of beef mixture.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low setting for 4 to 6 hours. Remove cover; turn off heat and season to taste, if desired.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over beef mixture. Cover and set aside until cheese melts and lasagna firms up, about 10 minutes.
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers.
Per serving: 388 kcal cal., 14 g fat (8 g sat. fat), 30 g carb., 4 g fiber, 36 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet