Henry Meer's Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
Fire up your grill for these meaty mushrooms that are so easy to make.
- 8 medium portobello mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 bunches arugula
- Stem and grill mushrooms by removing dark vents on the underside of mushroom caps to reveal white meat. Peel caps using a paring knife to remove the paper-thin, dark exterior.
- Brush mushrooms lightly with olive oil and grill both sides until brown, about 5 minutes per side.
- Place 2 mushrooms on each plate and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Top portobellos with arugula salad, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
Per serving: 92 kcal cal., 6 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 309 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 4 g pro., 22 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet