Herb Pasta Primavera
Nothing says spring like pasta with fresh vegetables and a light dusting of Parmesan, especially when mixed with seasonal herbs like tarragon, parsley, or chives.
- 1/2 box (1/2 pound) penne pasta
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 bunch asparagus, tips only
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, julienned
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped mixed herbs (tarragon, parsley, chives)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water about 6 to 9 minutes or until al dente. Rinse under cold water and set aside.
- Saute artichoke hearts, asparagus, and bell pepper in olive oil about 3 to 5 minutes until tender. Add peas and cook for 1 minute.
- Add pasta to the pan and toss with lemon zest and juice, herbs, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Recipe provided by FarmFlavor.com
Per serving: 474 kcal cal., 20 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 302 mg sodium, 9 g fiber, 16 g pro., 282 mg calcium, 5 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet