Try this simple, delicious recipe for quinoa.
- 5 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken stock or broth
- 1/2 cup plus 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 3 cups quinoa
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped basil
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 4 teaspoons lemon zest
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring stock, 1/2 cup lemon juice, and quinoa to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 12 to 15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together oil, remaining lemon juice, herbs, and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. Toss quinoa with dressing until coated.
- Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
Per serving: 482 kcal cal., 20 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 214 mg sodium, 7 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 17 g pro., 82 mg calcium, 5 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet