Hilton Head Health Spiced Pear Smoothie
Roasting the pears brings out the fruit's natural sweetness even more, for a tastes-like-candy result.
- 2 cups diced pears
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup plain protein powder
- 3/4 cup soymilk
- 1/4 cup mashed banana
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss pears cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cardamom; roast on a sheet tray coated with cooking spray for 10 minutes and then allow to cool. Blend pears with protein powder, soymilk, and banana until smooth.
- Recipe courtesy of Chef Karla Williams of Hilton Head Health