A double dose of fiber-rich carrots will keep you feeling full and satiated.
- 1 small ripe banana
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup peeled and chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed unsweetened carrot juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Mash enough banana to measure 1/4 cup. Freeze at least 4 hours.
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add carrots and cook until very tender. Transfer carrots and water to a blender and blend on high until smooth. If necessary, add more water to achieve a smooth texture.
- Add ginger, honey, and frozen banana. Pulse until mixed, then blend on high speed. With blender running, pour in carrot juice and lime juice and blend until smooth.
- Recipe by Shaun Acosta, the executive chef of the Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown
Per serving: 216 kcal cal., 1 g fat (0.2 g sat. fat), 126 mg sodium, 6 g fiber, 3 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet