Jalapeño-Apricot Tofu with Peppers and Noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces extra-firm tofu, sliced into 1/4"-thick fillets
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces cooked rice noodles
- 4 dried apricots, chopped
- Coat a large skillet with olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove tofu from pan and set aside.
- Add peppers and jalapeno to skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until slightly softened; return tofu to skillet and season with salt and garlic powder. Remove from heat.
- Place even amounts of noodles in each of two serving bowls and top each with half the tofu, half the peppers, and half the apricots. Serve warm.
- Excerpted from The Power Bowl Recipe Book: 140 Nutrient-Rich Dishes for Mindful Eating; by Britt Brandon. Used by permission of the publisher, Adams Media, a division of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.
Per serving: 308 kcal cal., 11.2 g fat) (1194 mg sodium, 3.2 g fiber, 7.9 g sugar, 14.2 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet