Kale Nacho Cupcakes
- 10 mini whole-wheat pitas
- 2 - 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bunches (6 cups) kale, stems removed, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 5 tablespoons crumbled feta
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil or line a cupcake tin with paper lines. Cut pitas into fourths to make triangle-shaped chips. Place on baking sheet and brush lightly with olive oil. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Wash kale and pat dry. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add kale and pepper cook about 5 minutes until kale is just wilted and pepper is tender. Remove from stove.
- Assemble nachos by placing 3 pita chips into each cupcake. Top with kale, red pepper, and feta. Add 1 pinch sea salt to each. Bake for about 5 minutes until kale just starts to crisp. (Note: Feta will not melt.) Remove from oven and enjoy immediately.
- Recipe provided by KellyGoLightly.com
Per serving: 193 kcal cal., 8 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 25 g carb., 5 g fiber, 9 g pro., 141 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet