Katie Brown's Chunky Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
These delicious bars, courtesy of Katie Brown, author of numerous cookbooks, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter into a crowd-pleasing, easy-to-make peanut butter recipes.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup light butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Splenda® Sugar Blend
- 1/3 cup packed Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 11 1/2 ounce package Nestle® Toll House® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a small bowl; set aside.
- Combine peanut butter, butter, and both Splendas in a large bowl; beat at medium speed until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chunks. Press into an ungreased 13-by-9-inch baking pan, distributing chocolate chunks evenly. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars; slice each bar in half diagonally.
- Nutritional information is based on 21 servings.
Per serving: 202 kcal cal., 13 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 21 g carb., 2 g fiber, 12 g sugar, 4 g pro., 16 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet