Kimchi Bowl with Red Curry Almond Sauce
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 pound broccoli florets
- 1 can (15 ounces) adzuki beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon liquid aminos
- 2 1/2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 - 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup store-bought vegan kimchi
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- Place the rice and water in a rice cooker (that has a steamer basket) and cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is soft.
- For the last 5 minutes of the rice cooking, place the broccoli florets in the steamer basket and cook until bright green and slightly crunchy.
- In a small pot over medium heat, mix the adzuki beans with the liquid aminos and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- To make the red curry almond sauce, whisk all water, almond butter, red curry paste, and lime juice together until smooth.
- Divide the rice and broccoli among 4 bowls. Divide the adzuki beans among the bowls. Place one-quarter of the kimchi in each bowl and drizzle the red curry almond sauce over the top. Garnish with the black sesame seeds and serve.
- Credit: Vegan Bowl Attack by Jackie Sobon