King Mackerel or Trout Enchiladas
An easy, healthy way to add zest to lunchtime.
- 1 ounce king mackerel or trout fillet, skinned and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons fat-free Italian dressing (vinaigrette style)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 green bell pepper, minced
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend (Sargento) or reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Combine king mackerel or trout cubes and fat-free Italian dressing in a shallow dish and stir to coat fish with dressing. Let stand 15 minutes. Add flour and toss to coat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking dish (such as an 8-inch square baking pan) with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and green pepper and saute two minutes, until soft.
- Add king mackerel or trout and cook two minutes, until fish is opaque, stirring constantly. Stir in 1/2 cup of the salsa and cilantro and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Spoon fish mixture onto whole-wheat tortillas, roll up, and place seam side down in prepared pan. Spoon remaining salsa over top and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, until cheese melts.
Per serving: 298 kcal cal., 7 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 33 g carb., 14 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 37 g pro., 146 mg calcium, 3 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet