Lemony Orzo Chicken Soup
- 1/2 cup cooked orzo
- 1/2 cup roasted zucchini pieces (1/2 inch)
- 1/2 cup shredded roast chicken, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil, plus 1 tablespoon thinly sliced for garnish (optional)
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan, for garnish (optional)
- Black pepper
- Layer orzo, zucchini, chicken, dill, and chopped basil in the jar. Squeeze lemon over ingredients and place juiced halves in jar, skin side up. Pack sliced basil and Parmesan separately if using.
- When you're ready to eat, fill jar to the top with boiling water, being sure to fully cover lemons. Stir carefully, cover, and let stand for 2 minutes; remove lemon halves and discard. Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with sliced basil and Parmesan if using.
- Pack these soups in jars that hold about 18 ounces.
- Courtesy of Elana Karp, the head chef for the meal-kit company Plated and a coauthor of the Plated cookbook
Per serving: 284 kcal cal.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet