Low-Calorie Mint Tzatziki Sauce
Traditional cucumber-yogurt sauce uses full-fat Greek or strained yogurt in order to create a luscious, creamy flavor. Many modern day tzatziki sauces use gobs of sour cream, which packs on the calories and fat. In this lightened version, nonfat plain Greek yogurt keeps the sauce low in calories while the garlic, mint, and cucumber lock in the traditional flavors.
- 2 cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 large English cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before serving. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Recipe and photo by Dana Angelo White, R.D. of Dana White Nutrition, Inc.
Per serving: 29 kcal cal., 0 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 2 g carb., 0 g fiber, 3 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet