Lox, Caper, and Rocket Salad
Lox, a.k.a. smoked salmon, is lean, mean, and mega-flavorful. It's loaded with omega-3s, protein, and an arsenal of other benefits. You can't go wrong with this delish fish.
For caper-lemon dressing:
- 1/4 cup caper brine (from caper jar)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or agave nectar (optional)
- 4 cups wild arugula
- 1/3 cup capers
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup crumbled chevre (goat cheese)
- 12 thin slices lox (wild smoked salmon)
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients, adding honey or agave, if desired.
- In a large salad bowl, combine arugula, capers, and cannellini beans. Toss with half the vinaigrette. Top salad with chevre and smoked salmon. Serve additional dressing on the side, if desired.
- Recipe courtesy of Candice Kumai.
Per serving: 206 kcal cal., 9 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 1164 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 20 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet