Mandarin Orange and Pineapple Parfait
Please your palate with this treat that's as healthy as it is sweet.
- 2 11 ounce cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 8 ounce cans pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1 7 ounce can fat-free whipped topping
- 4 tablespoons peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine mandarin oranges and pineapple.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of fruit into the bottom of four clear, tall glasses.
- Top fruit with 2-3 tablespoons of whipped topping. Repeat layers until fruit is evenly distributed. Sprinkle each parfait with 1 tablespoon peanuts before serving.
- Top the first fruit layer in each parfait with 1/4 cup of lowfat fruit yogurt (any flavor) to add 60 calories, 1 g fat, 1 g protein and 96 mg calcium. Mix 2 tablespoons of wheat germ to the peanuts before sprinkling them over each parfait to add 76 calories, 1 g fat, 4 g protein, 1 g fiber, 97 mg calcium, vitamins B and E.
Per serving: 250 kcal cal., 7 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 46 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 37 g sugar, 6 g pro., 98 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet