- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons matcha, plus 1/4 tsp for dusting
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup superfine (castor) sugar, plus 2 tbsp for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch nonstick fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
- Sift together flour and 3 tsp matcha. Transfer flour mixture to the bowl of a food processor fitted with metal blade. Add cold butter and pulse just until combined. Add 1/4 cup sugar and mix until crumbly.
- Press dough into prepared pan using back of spoon.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or just until shortbread begins to turn golden (be careful not to overbake).
- Slice into wedges while still warm. Lightly prick all over with a fork.
- Place shortbread on a cake plate. Stir together the remaining 1/4 tsp matcha and 2 tbsp sugar. Dust over shortbread.
- © Matcha - The Cookbook by Gretha Scholtz, published by teNeues