Mexican Black Bean Salad Tostada
This Mexican specialty features jicama, avocado, corn, and lime juice, tossed together and piled up high on top of crunchy tortillas.
- 1 cup drained and rinsed canned black beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped, minced uncooked red onions
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 medium uncooked jicama, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup sweet, defrosted frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup sliced and diced avocado (about 1/2 small avocado)
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes (about 12 tomatoes)
- 4 tablespoons diced canned green chili peppers
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, from about 1 large lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh, chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 4 corn tortillas, small variety
- Combine all ingredients, except tortillas, in a large bowl; mix to combine.
- Toast tortillas and top each with about 3/4 cup of salad; serve.
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers
Per serving: 185 kcal cal., 3.5 g fat (0.5 g sat. fat), 34 g carb., 11 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 7 g pro., 2 mg calcium, 0 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet